Today’s Quick Blogging Tip Thursday comes from a question from one of our subscribers.
Question from Michael: How should I start to monetize my blog and begin earning money from it?
Hi Michael, I’m not sure how popular your blog is or in which niche so it’s hard to frame an exact answer. AdSense is always a common answer but you can do better than give away hard-earned traffic for pennies.
I always recommend building a blog’s readership, reputation and interaction before monetizing it, especially with banner ads.
- Choose a niche you enjoy and become an expert.
- Learn everything you can about blogging.
- Build traffic naturally and quickly.
- Use social media to its fullest.
- Network and collaborate with other bloggers.
- Build a list as soon as possible (Avoid free auto-responders).
- Deliver valuable, consistent and relative content to readers and subscribers (blog, list & social networks).
Once you have a popular blog with consistent traffic, you can start easing in recommended products via affiliate programs in blog posts and emails to your list. As those profits build, you can begin thinking about product creation, better marketing and expanding from there.
That’s just a general answer but with consistent effort you’ll be a blogging pro in no time. As far as millions of dollars, don’t believe all the hype. Blogging, just as with any business, online and off, takes work, time and even money.
The answer on, “How do I make my blogging?” can only be addressed after, “When should I start monetizing my blog?” is answered.
I’d love to hear your feedback, ideas and comments. Are you advertising on your blog? Are you having any success? What are some other factors we should look at when it comes to online money by blogging? Please comment below.