New Year, Great Look and Big Plans – Hello 2012!
Blogging Goals And Resolutions
I’m pretty excited to post our first article of 2012. HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone! We’re starting the year with a brand new look. I spent the better part of yesterday setting up this new theme by wplook($) and all of the work involved with this type of project. Overall, I am pretty satisfied with the look. If it performs as expected, I think we’ll be set for a while. Let me know what you think.
I debated whether or not to write a New Yearâs Resolution type post or not but I got caught up in the excitement and decided to share our plans for Hot Blog Tips. I’ll limit it to just a handful of goals for now, we all have work to do, right?
- First on the list – Our Newsletter: We have one of the greatest things going right now with our newsletter and I want to build on that in a big way. I’m not saying “Our” newsletter for effect; it’s actually a collaboration of several professional bloggers, working together as Newsletter Partners. Each week we put our best blogging tips together and send them out to our newsletter subscribers. I would like to expand that partnership to around ten highly qualified and dedicated bloggers (we have very high standards) and really start helping a lot of people succeed as bloggers.
- Guest Blogging: We recently started accepting guest bloggers and it’s working out beautifully. 2012 will see Hot Blog Tips transform into a very popular multi-author blog. Guest blogging is fine and benefits everyone involved but I’d like to see more of that ‘partnership‘ concept. We’ll find a way for partners to benefit and profit from their work here. That’s a tall order but that’s what I’m shooting for.
- Contests – Win Win Win: Everyone loves contests and I’m no exception. I’ve ran contests in the past on other blogs and they can be a blast. They can also be very demanding. I plan on running two, perhaps even three, large scale contests in 2012. I am also considering a monthly contest but the details still need to be worked out. More on that in just a few days.
- Networking: I am a big believer in networking and collaborating with other bloggers, as most of you already know by now. I have no problem in sharing the pie. Greedy, I am not. I love social networks and work with a focused and targeted approach rather than going for huge numbers. I’m not setting goals like gaining 20,000 Twitter followers or getting 5,000 new Facebook fans this year. That would be great but this year’s goal will be to develop even closer relationships with more connections. When you see me virtually nudging up to you online, I don’t have anything up my sleeve, I’m not going to ask for your credit card number, I’m just interested in seeing how well we can get along.
- Money $$$: Oops, there it is! Yes, we all need money and I happen to be very fond of it. I’ve been very lucky to have earned a steady online income for several years. I have several sites that turn a nice profit and Hot Blog Tips will be added to that list. I’ve been around long enough to know that traffic, trust and exposure must come before pushing for profit in a big way. 2012 is that year for this blog; I have little doubt when it comes to that.
- The biggest goal for 2012 is YOU! We want to be of service to you. We want Hot Blog Tips to be a place you come to for blogging answers. I understand there are a lot of great blogs about blogging; we want to be the best of the best. It’s a great feeling when a reader say’s something like, “Good post, I just claimed my site on Alexa” or a Tweet that just says, “You totally rock, Brian!” I love it when I see something like this on our Facebook page, “Am using twitter and fb but never heard of stumble upon. Thanks for the Tip from the Top“. The continuous flow of messages we get remind me why we are here, to help bloggers blog and get the most from it.
Your Plans? Questions? Comments?
I know it won’t take long at all for everyone to get burned out on the New Year Resolutions talk but I’d love to hear about your big blogging goals for 2012. Share your comments, questions and blogging resolutions below.