E-Commerce Solutions by Yvonne Heimann

E-Commerce and Digital Download Solutions For Bloggers

We’re proud to talk E-Commerce with Yvonne Heimann in a Google HOA (Hangout on Air). The live conversation aired Sunday, March 30th, 2014 with Yvonne Heimann, Sheryl Loch and myself. We addressed e-commerce solutions and the benefit of offering digital downloads. Is blogging for profit a concern for you? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Be sure to watch the video (embedded below) for the complete conversation.

Who Is Yvonne Heimann?

Yvonne Heimann of Ask Yvi is a pro website designer focusing on SEO, online privacy, website security and responsive design. Yvonne provides her clients Social Media and Email Marketing services as well as private or group lessons.

E-Commerce & Digital Product Topics Discussed

Yvonne tackled several challenging questions on incorporating basic e-commerce solutions on blogs as well as the prospect of offering digital downloads. Blogging for profit doesn’t set that far in the back of most blogger’s minds and that very topic will lead the discussion today. Listed are several of the topics discussed in addition to the live Q&A session.

  • First, let’s define exactly what we’re referring to when we say, “E-commerce”.
  • Is it better to run a blog separately from an E-commerce site or merge them together?
  • What are some of the better WordPress plug-ins for E-commerce?
  • How much effort should marketers/bloggers put into protecting their digital downloads.
  • How difficult is it to capture double opt-ins from paid customers.
  • How difficult is it to incorporate up-sells into your E-commerce sales funnel?
  • What are a few steps we should take to maximize the initial launch of an E-commerce site or individual digital products?
  • Do you have any market research tips we can use to validate products before we create them?
  • Is there life beyond PayPal and should we look at merchant accounts?
  • How easy is it to setup affiliate members into your e-commerce sales.
  • What has you excited in your business’ near future and how can our viewers find out more about you and what you do?

Watch on YouTube
Adding Ecommerce and Digital Downloads to Your Blog 

Links to resources mentioned:

Hangout Participants:

Yvonne Heimann
Sheryl Loch
Brian D. Hawkins

Your Interaction

Interaction for this live event was exciting with somewhere between 63 and 111 viewers and almost a hundred comments by the end of the show. If you didn’t get to watch live, no worries, the HoA video is embedded above and I’d still love to see your thoughts, ideas, and questions in the comments below.

About Brian D. Hawkins

Blogging superhero by day and internet super villain by night. Blogger, future online millionaire and an all around great guy.

Comments

  1. I just recently read a story on surveys that peg the number of Internet marketers and the like that confess they basically lack skills required to build an online presence at a shocking 92%. Now I don’t know how many of the remaining 8% still suffer from a delusion that they knew better while they just know too little to know what they don’t know. However, when I meet with aspiring Internet marketers they then even want to go the full stretch immediately instead of first starting small, maybe not even with their own shop or if, maybe using platforms like Yahoo or eBay first. I wonder how many use up all the little money they have in a futile first attempt only to then sit at home and tell their party guests that online marketing is actually not working.

  2. I imagine it’s a pretty high number of people Dermot. It’s no different than the majority of people we see online that think they can put up a website and start plastering links everywhere and see a payoff with less working than they spend doing the dishes. Online business needs to be treated as any other business, in almost every area, because it is a business. It’s painful to watch so many people crash and burn online.

  3. Nice post, Well I’ve been running a small e commerce store since one year and I’ve been making few dollars from it. This post is really informative to learn more tips about it.

    Thanks

Speak Your Mind

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.